Terms & Conditions
1. The price of my works are subject to change at my own discretion. The price of commissions are also subjected to possible change at my own discretion e.g. depending on the commission's complexity, difficulty, size and other external factors such as demand or inflation.
2. Before a commission is accepted the client must provide clear and concise visual and/or descriptive references to ensure that I have as much information as possible about what the client wants from the commission idea. The client can however choose to give me complete artistic freedom on a commission which does not require any references other than a brief clear description of the scene. Once the scene has been determined then a quote will be calculated and sent within 48 hours.
3. When a commission has started and I have produced a rough sketch of the work I will take and send an image of this sketch to the client so they can determine if they are happy or if they wish to suggest some revisions. The client will have the opportunity to request a total of three revisions to the sketches if required. (Revision requests do not apply to a commission that has been given complete artistic freedom).
4. If the client wishes to cancel a painting/drawing commission during the sketching stage then they will be entitled to a refund of 50% of their total payment. If the client wishes to cancel a commission during or after the colouring/filling in stages then a refund cannot be issued. In the event that a client commissions a sculpted or physically made piece of work and the building process of the commission has either started or the materials have been purchased then no refund can be given. A refund can only be given in this circumstance if the sculpture or physically made work is still in the initial sketching/planning stage and no materials have been purchased, this refund is 75% of the total amount paid (excluding deposits). If a deposit is required for a commission and has been paid then a refund for this deposit can only be issued if the commission has not undergone any stage of work and no materials for the commission has been purchased. So please ensure that you read the terms & condition fully and that you are completely committed to the commission before purchasing one.
5. Discussions with a client regarding a commission will be primarily made through email contact (email@example.com). This helps to maintain a secure line of communication and that as much important information as possible is consolidated and recorded.
6. I reserve the right to issue a refund and or cancel a commission at any time or stage due issues including but not limited to; non/missing payments, poor communication, rude or inappropriate behaviour or an inability to communicate effectively. The extent of any refund in these circumstances follows the conditions outlined in section 4. I also reserve the right to cancel any commissioned works at any stage due to my own personal reasons, (i.e. Due to injury or personal grievances such as the loss of a family member etc.). If this is the case then a full refund will be issued.
7. The client will receive email updates on commissions when deemed necessary. Clients can contact me at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check in on their commission for updates, assurances or reminders. Public updates may also be made via updates on my website or social media pages.
8. I refuse to create any artworks that depict underage characters in an sexual manner or any artworks that impose hateful and offensive themes. Work will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on their content and I reserve the right to reject any commission for any reason.
9. I retain the rights to display all works that I have created commissioned or otherwise on or in any platforms of my choosing whether it be websites, galleries, or blogs/journals etc. If the commissioned work is a time sensitive gift then the client may request a short delay until the work is displayed publicly e.g. In the case of a birthday gift the image can be delayed until after the birthday has passed. I retain all exclusive rights to my artworks whether they are personal or created for others in in the form of commissioned works. These rights include the right to display, advertise and sell my artworks in any way i see fit. The client retains all rights to their own respective characters but this does not allow them rights to the commissioned image created by myself.
10. All artworks I create are copyright (©) protected and as such no person may profit from or use any of my works in any way shape or form without my written consent. The copyright protection of my works also extends beyond any and all purchases made of my works whether the work of a physical or digital origin. For example, despite purchasing a digital copy of my work you may not use the digital file for profiteering and or commercial purposes. The sale/resale of my works in a profiteering/commercially orientated manner is strictly prohibited without my written consent. In the above cases legal action may be taken if my artworks are used or sold without my written consent.
The resale of my works is only permitted in the case of a one off personal sale of a physical copy of my works and is not sold in a profiteering/commercial manner e.g. simply reselling an old and or unwanted piece of my work. The use/selling of affiliate/derivatives of my works also fall under copyright infringement and so the use and or selling of these works is prohibited without my written consent. If you do wish to use and or sell my artworks then you must ask me (Matthew Harvey "CrownosArts") in writing. Once I have been contacted in regards to the use and or sales of my works there is a possibility that an arrangement/contract may be agreed upon at my own discretion.
11. As mentioned in Section 10. Purchased digital copies of my works are still protected by copyright laws and as such the use/sales of these purchased digital works in a profiteering and or commercial manner is strictly prohibited without my written consent. However, the primary purpose of purchasing a digital file of my works is to create prints for (personal use only). The key term outlined above is that these digital files may only be used to print products for personal use only. Therefore the digital files are still not to be used in a profiteering/commercial manner in any way shape or form and if they are seen to be used in this manner then it is possible that legal action will be taken.
12. The client of a commissioned work cannot alter the work itself but may upload the artwork to their personal website/gallery or social media site for others to view but clear written credit for my work must be given.
13. I reserve the right to recycle any artwork or preparatory works that were cancelled/rejected by a client during commissioned works. If the recycled work is of a character that the client owns then the character will be changed to ensure that no affiliations with the character are made. However the pose of the character and other non-affiliated elements of the drawing may still be used for my works.
Returns & Refunds* None commissioned physical works i.e. (paintings and sculptures etc.) that have been sent directly by myself can be returned within a 7 day window which starts after the item has been delivered for a full refund. Once the 7 days have passed a refund cannot be issued. For the item to qualify for a refund the artwork must be in the exact same condition before it was sent with no alterations or damage. Whilst all artworks will be packaged and sent with the utmost care any damage to the artwork due to possible mishandling during transit must be reported on the day of receiving the package. This is so the claim can be dealt with as soon as possible, on request you should also provide proof of damage via photos. If the images show that damage has occurred during transit then the artwork/s must be sent back to me as soon as possible so I can issue a full refund.
* Purchased digital works of any kind cannot be refunded due to their digital nature i.e. the fact that they can be copied. If the digital file/s are lost or become corrupted when they are being sent then you can contact me and I will resend the original file/s. It is possible for commissioned works to be refunded through the terms of section 4 in the terms & conditions.
* When you purchase items or commissioned work from me you do so on the assumption that you like my artworks enough to make an informed purchase and that you are confident in my current artistic abilities. All my products and works have full descriptions and visual aids to make a clear and informed decision on whether my abilities are suited to your needs or my artworks are suited for you or as a gift for someone else. This means that returns cannot be issued on commissioned or personal works through the basis of simply not liking the artwork that I have produced and so when you purchase any forms of my works you do so at your own risk. So please be sure that I am the right artist for you. Commissioned artwork can only be refunded on the basis that it is a physical piece of art that has been sent directly by myself and falls under the category of being damaged through transit.
* I reserve the right to issue a refund and or cancel a commission at any time or stage due issues such as; non/missing payments, poor communication, rude or inappropriate behaviour or an inability to communicate effectively. The extent of any refund in these circumstances follows the conditions outlined in section 4. I also reserve the right to cancel any commissioned works at any stage due to my own personal reasons, (i.e. Due to injury or personal grievances such as the loss of a family member etc.). If this is the case then a full refund will be issued.
* It is possible that physical works such as sculptures might have sharp or pointed edges; if this is the case then this will be mentioned in the items description. I am therefore not held liable for any possible injuries sustained from accidents or mishandling of the works as you purchased the work knowing its physical state. This also means that I am also not liable for any injuries sustained from the work if it is broken through accidental or mishandled means.
The client/customer must agree to all the above terms and conditions. The client/customer agrees to the terms and conditions above once they have ticked the mandatory terms & conditions box on the commission form and or follow through with payment for my works/services.